IPL 20-20

Early on I was very much into IPL watching all the 20-20 matches of IPL.Blame it on my age/work pressure/my wife's nagging about my cricket watching ,I couldn't watch the complete live coverage/would sleep by 9:30 pm.
My initial instincts told me that Delhi Daredevils and Hyderabad Deccan Chargers would dominate the scene along with Chennai Super Kings.Each team had it own set of performers.My least favourites were Bangalore,Rajasthan.Mallya's friends were probably right in mentioning that the team looked like good for playing Test cricket.
I didnt know early on that Australian Players would be heading for the WI series.
Anyway I was disproved to a large extent with Deccan Chargers being a complete flop and Rajasthan being at the top of the table.Just wonder how things turned in IPL.

It is good to see the 4 semi finalists now.My sympathies are with Mumbai Indians who fought well till the end.Unfortunately they lost some very close games.I would like to make a few comments on the semi finalists.

Punjab:
Apart from Marsh,I would like to see some more members consistently performing.I am not sure what the batting score card for Punjab would look like if not for Marsh.
Irfan has been good with the ball but I would like to see more of his batting as well.Piyush looks like a young guy who doesn't fear from experimenting.Again given the quality of batsmen we have in the semi finals ,I expect him to go for more runs.

Delhi:
Delhi's strength has been Gautam,Sehwag,McGrath.There were some vital contributions from Shikar Dhavan as well.I strongly feel that all of them need to work as one team and display a coordinated team effort to make into the finals and win the cup.

Chennai:
I am waiting for Suresh Raina to fire in the next part of IPL.He is an awesome talent.Dhoni has provided good support in the middle.He never seemed to be in great form but his strike rate hasn't been that bad.I just hope Murali and Balaji weave some magic for the semis.

Rajasthan:

Hmmm..What can I say about this team ?Good performance from Yusuf Pathan,Smith,Warne,Tanvir.These were supposedly the minnows before the tournament started..Great to see this team come to the top with a display of some good performances..


MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN !!In the mean time I will enjoy watching all the games.

Comments

Popular Posts