Coming to the US :The bumpy ride story !!

For someone who would see atleast one article on my blog every month it must have been a surprise that I havent written anything for the past 4 months in my blog.

Yes,there was a reason..
I have been busy,super busy , ultra busy ..Reason I decided to relocate to the United States of America.It has been real hectic on me.Things started with getting a passport for me...Dont be surprised ,I do have a passport but wanted my new address and wife's name included in the passport.

It started with going to the Passport services department and he asked for some more docs and I returned to the passport office for the second time.
This time the other lady thought that my passport was damaged and suggested me to get a new passport .Hmmm..Different people different stories n versions..
Fine...Now I go and apply for Tatkal service.This guy wanted 2 copies of the ID card of the IAS officer who signed a residence proof document for me, a new notary as well..He gave me an hour's time... WOW !! Rushed to the collector's office and their department was very helpful and provided me the same in 15 mins ..Came back in the auto and gave him all the necessary docs ..Finally I got my passport but again they didnt stamp ECNR in the passport ...Didnt they know that I have already completed my bachelors ??Now this was height of testing my patience ..Finally gave up and was satisfied that I have a passport.

Now the next step was getting the petition and going to the US consulate which went well except for a few hiccups.My office project was getting critical since we have phone to release by November .My wife took care of all the things in the background so that I could take care of my work at office..We finalized deal with Mover and Packers to shift our stuff to my dad's and in laws place.Not sure how much money and effort spent ..Forget the stress involved in all this.

In all the chaos couldnt inform my close buddies about my date of travel to US..Well ! they have a reason to be upset and I feel very bad about it ..So this blog comes as an apology for all my dear ones whom I couldnt inform upfront and for not being in touch all these months...

Take Care.

Ciao

Comments

Anonymous said…
Welcome dude!
next blog about settling down in US?

Popular Posts